Human Resource Dissertation Topics & Ideas from Expert Writers
Human Resource management (HRM, or simply HR) is the process of recruitment, selection of employee, providing proper induction, orientation and handling grievances within the company. HR is primarily concerned with the management of people inside the organizations, focusing on policies and systems. Human Resource Management is the fundamental resource for building or constructing anything. Behind every successful management, there is a team of astute human mind and efforts of human resources.
Under every HRM course, writing assignments on human resource concept is an important exercise for the HRM students. Writing a human resource management assignment is certainly not an easy task, and that is why, It is highly beneficial to take assistance from the expert writers from the field of HRM. “Instant Assignment Help” is solely devoted to delivering authentic and reliable Human Resource writing services including top quality dissertations by our specialist team of highly qualified writers.
Below mentioned are the suggested topics and useful examples of Human Resource Management (HR) Dissertation:
Training & Development HRM Dissertation Topics
Training and development is a function of human resource management that is concerned with organizational activity aimed at enhancing and improving the performance of individuals and employees working in a corporate system.
Below stated are some proposals to make your Human resource management dissertation interesting and engaging if you’re looking to work specifically on Training & Development segment.
- The use of training and development as useful tools for enhancing the performance of the employees?
- What skills are needed for today’s turbulent climate?
- Does training and development really impact the bottom line?
- Who provide the training to train others?
- Soft versus hard skills.
- Is training a solution of all problems?
- Soft skills, who needs them?
- Where now, post-disaster survival?
- Can poor selection processes be solved through training and development?
Performance Management HRM Dissertation Examples
Performance Management is a continuous process by which managers and employees work together to plan, monitor and review an employee’s work to meet the organizational goals & objectives. Under this segment, writing an assignment could be very intriguing.
Below are the suggestions of HRM dissertation topics under performance Management subject.
- Is performance management effective to meet organizational goals?
- Can skills be increased through performance management system?
- Do individuals have control over their reward?
- Reviewing and reacting on results.
- Is it possible to manage every employee performance by performance management techniques?
- Can wages be capped through performance management?
- Job satisfaction & performance appraisals.
Appraisal HRM Dissertation Topics
Every organization becomes successful by it’s hard working and unflagging efforts of employees. The performance appraisal is the process of assessing and evaluating every employee performance on the job by comparing current performance with the already set standards and targets.
Below are few Dissertation Topics to make your writing assignment on human resource management captivating and gripping.
- Can subjectivity be removed?
- Is it fair? A comparison between same level employees.
- Can I have a pay rise?
- Are Appraisals honest?
- Are the 360-degree assessments valid?
- Public sector appraisals and the spinal pay reward.
- Investigating the efficacy of performance evaluations from the outlook of employees.
Motivation HRM Dissertation Topics
Motivation is one of the most important concepts in HRM. It is required to gain the best performance from the employee when a particular employee is not motivated and hence not providing significant results. This is the reason companies spend exorbitant amounts of money in arranging training sessions for the employees to motivate them and earn higher productivity.
If you want to explore this subject and eager to discuss motivation in your HRM writing assignment, here are some topics for you to get started.
- Does motivated workforce increase productivity?
- HR and motivation.
- Behavioral inflexibility.
- Motivation versus total reward.
- Motivation and job satisfaction.
- Cross organization comparison, who gets it right?
- HRM is a motivator.
- A link between motivation and performance.
- Employee motivation & performance.
- The impact of motivation programs on employees performance.
A reputable assignment writing service
Strategic HRM Dissertation Topics
Strategic human resource management is an outlook to manage human resources that support long-term business goals and results with a strategic framework. A human resource management dissertation on Strategic HR brings some excellent topics for you to write.
- Does HR sit and fit on the board?
- Future planning or firefighting?
- Future planning or justifying role?
- Can HR be strategic?
- A resource based view assessment of Strategic human resources quality management systems.
- Is HR driving the organization.
- Operations or planning the HR function?
- To establish the significance of the relationship between organizational performance and strategic human resource management.
Organizational culture HRM Dissertation Topics
The culture is significant and important to an organization and its workforce. It is a system of shared values, beliefs, rules and regulations which governs the behavior of the employees. A particular culture followed in a company gives a strong influence on the dressing and working style of an employee.
If you are interested in discussing culture as your HRM dissertation, some topics are suggested below.
- Recruiting to change the culture.
- Placing values in the organization.
- Culture is the organization.
- Cross-Cultural human resource management.
- Inducting new employees into the culture.
- Recruiting to change the culture.
- Managing cultural change.
- Training and culture.
Diversity HRM Dissertation Topics
Diversity management is an important research area of human resource management that brings challenges and learning to employees. In every organization, the workforce belongs to different cultural areas, educational backgrounds, religion, age, gender and to value and respect every individual can lead to a successful organization.
Some intriguing topics for your diversity human resource management dissertation are suggested below:
- Can discrimination be eliminated?
- Differences discrimination and diversity.
- Running the new workforce.
- Cross-national diversity.
- Managing diversity and cultural differences.
- Training managers for diversity.
- Investigate the challenges of inequality.
- Managing diversity in the public sector.
Human Resource Theory Dissertation Topics
There are two kinds of approaches to Human resource (HR), and the HR theory framework takes both the soft and hard versions of HRM. The soft approach includes addressing and taking care of employees concerns and their expectations. The hard approach considers evaluating the efficacy of HRM policies and processes and giving less emphasis to workers needs and preferences.
The following are some suggestions within the area of Human Resources (HR) Theory that you could base your human resources management dissertation on.
- Prepare a comparative analysis of different human resources theory approaches.
- The role of human resource policies in the success of an organization.
- The black side of Human Resource.
- HR versus Taylorism.
- The role of HR as a shared service.
- Part of HR behind the closed doors.
- Investigate the trade unions place in the organization.
When an HRM student is assigned the task of extracting their first title out of scholarly literature, they come across a tonne of potential dissertation topics in human resource management. Or none. Research topics in human resource management have a way of confusing students, in the sense that the often unclear terminologies of human resource management literature can be quite ambiguous. You read an article about rewards. Then you read an article about compensation. Then you go on and use the two words synonymously until you’re corrected in class in front of everybody.
As always, I’ll suggest students to go look into current trends in literature when they start hunting down current research topics in human resource management. You need to follow the debate in multiple research areas in the literature to trickle down research problems that interest you and would make good human resource development research topics. The idea is to merge your area of interest with questions that haven’t been answered in the literature. Keep in mind what you would like to write about. Then dig into that side of the literature and pull out an interesting question that needs answering.
You’ll find loads of dissertation topics for human resource management students on the Web. Much like this blog post. They belong to an array of research areas within HRM literature. Some of them will interest some students and some others will attract others.
When you come across such a list of research topics in human resource management, your objective should be to pick out one or two titles. Once you’ve done that, you should check the potential of each title by asking yourself the following questions:
- Are these HR topics interesting enough for me to spend the coming months riffling through theories and books on these subjects without going crazy with boredom?
- Does this title raise a research problem I could write a whole dissertation on? Is it broad and deep enough for me to write an extended report?
- Does it represent a set of objectives that are practical and measurable? Will it be a wild goose chase if I go after this topic?
And a couple others such.
List of Recent Dissertation Topics in human resource Management
Remember to customise any topic you pick from this blog (or anywhere on the Internet) so it becomes your own. You wouldn’t want coming across another dissertation chasing the same answers.
Significance of training in a culturally diverse organisation: The case of HSBC UK
Difficulties in inducting new hires into organisational culture: An overview of workforce induction in Zara
The possibility of HR leading organisational strategy: Trends from new tech companies
The problem of employee motivation in a social life driven by high peer-pressure
Relating motivation with performance: A literature review between 1975 and 2015
Effect of subordinate and peer performance reviews on performance standards: A study of NHS
Implementing HR best practices in global firms: Comparing Rolls Royce and Tesco
Does training affect growth during recessions? An analysis of British banks in the recent recession
HRM versus unions: Effects in the British automobile sector
Studying Taylor’s model with modern HR theory: Proposing a theoretical framework
A Comparative Analysis of the Human Resource Management Ethics and Employment in Nigeria and the United Kingdom
Line Manager Capabilities - the Impact of HRM Devolution
HRD Achieving Professional Recognition as a Separate Entity From Hr Within the Mining Environment
The Roles of HRM in Recruitment and Selection of Stuff in Mergers and Acquisition in XYZ Banking Sector
Can Poor Selection Processes Be Remedied Through Training and Development? A Case Study of XYZ Organisation
An Examination of the Appraisal Technique Hr Managers Use for Upgrading the Employees or the Redundancies of an Employee and Appraisal Conducted for the Manager. A Case Study of a XYZ Organisation
How Employee Performance and Development in the Banking Sector Can Be Enhanced Through Mentoring in XYZ City/ Country
Recruitment and Selection Services: Efficiency and Competetive Reasons in the Outsourcing of HR Practices.
Influence of Leadership Style, Motivation, and Work Discipline on Employee Performance at XYZ Company
The Effect of Material Benefits on Job Satisfaction (a Study of Employees of XYZ Company)
Development of Human Resources Through Education and Training in Improving Performance of Civil Servants
Analysis of Factors Affecting Job Stress and Its Influence on Job Satisfaction and Salesman Performance (Case Study at XYZ Company)
Analysis of the Influence of Human Relations (Relationship between Human) and Work Environment Conditions Against Work Ethics and Employee Performance
You may change the organisations in the title you pick. Go after a name you can gain access to; you’ll be needing data for your primary findings. It’s okay to change big brand names to smaller firms where you have access. If you want, you can take our help in doing it, that too, free.
Paid Topic Consultation Service
In this service, We will send you few topics as per your requirements. After you approve a topic, on an approved topic, you will get dissertation topic brief of at least 250-word which includes;
- An explanation why we choose this topic.
- 2-3 research questions.
- Key literature resources identification.
- Suitable methodology with identification of raw sample size, and data collection method
- View a sample of topic consultation service
Get expert dissertation writing help to achieve good grades
By placing an order with us, you can get;
- Writer consultation before payment to ensure your work is in safe hands.
- Free topic if you don't have one
- Draft submissions to check the quality of the work as per supervisor's feedback
- Free revisions
- Complete privacy
- Plagiarism Free work
- Guaranteed 2:1 (With help of your supervisor's feedback)
- 2 Instalments plan
- Special discounts
Tell us in the comments section below how you liked this HR research topics list. If you have any questions, feel free to ask our online chat assistants.