This engaging 376-page book develops critical thinking skills necessary for success in reading, writing, math, science, social studies, and standardized tests in Grades 2-3. The Building Thinking Skills® series is the bestselling thinking skills program in the world! The engaging, highly-effective activities are developmentally sequenced. Each skill (for example, classifying) is presented first in the semi-concrete figural-spatial form and then in the abstract verbal form. Students also learn important academic vocabulary, concepts, and skills as they analyze relationships between objects, between words, and between objects and words by:
- Observing, recognizing, and describing characteristics
- Distinguishing similarities and differences
- Identifying and completing sequences, classifications, and analogies
These processes help students develop superior thinking and communication skills that lead to deeper content learning in all subjects.
- Describing shapes
- Figures: compare/describe/copy/enlarge/divide
- Diagrams: overlapping classes/Venn/branching/cycle
- Mental pattern folding/symmetry
- Directionality/Position in space
- Mental rotation/reflection/tumbling/stacking/folding of 2-D objects
- Analogies: size/color/orientation/detail
- Visual motor integration and memory
- Use of graphic organizers
- Spelling/Vocabulary/Writing: describing things and words
- Following and writing 1-, 2-, and 3-step directions
- Analogies: kind of/part of/used to/association/action
- Deductive/Inductive reasoning
- Parts of a whole
- Map reading
- Writing directions
- Logic: if-then/yes-no/true-false
- Orientation: person/place/time
- Auditory memory
- Language acquisition
Activities are modeled to reinforce skills and concepts. An answer guide is now included, however, a separate Instruction/Answer Guide is also available but is not required. The optional teaching guide includes objectives and focus questions that reinforce analytical skills. See components sold separately above for ordering information about the separate, optional Instruction/Answer Guide.
North Carolina Case Study
Our eBooks are electronic versions of the book pages that you may print to any paper printer. You can immediately download your eBook from My Account under My Downloadable Products and locate your serial key to activate your eBook underMy Serial Numbers after you place your order.
Please Note: This eBook will only run on Windows® OS at this time. A Mac OS X version will be available soon.
AGE GROUP: 5+
Upbility.net has bundled an exciting and easy-to-use collection of critical thinking practice resources to save you precious preparation time andhelp you give your learners a real head-start in critical thinking!
This super practical pack includes 4 different eBooks that target 4 essential critical thinking skills:
1) logical thinking
2) comparing & contrasting
3) deciphering analogies
4) decoding cause & effect relationships
Built around a set of 240 targeted Picture Task Cards, featuring colourful real-life photos and more than 1400 brain-boosting questions, this all-in-one pack is sure to give your learners ample opportunity to practice reasoning and hone their critical thinking skills in a fun and interactive way!
The pack includes:
- 240 printable double-sided picture cards,
- 1400 critical thinking practice questions,
- 240 colourful real-life photos to stimulate thinking
- a part that is specially designed for tablets.
This is a must-have critical thinking resource that has everything you need to keep your learners engaged and give them a real brain workout!
Type:4 pdf Files
Size: 58 MB
Number of pages:420
Author: Collective Work – Upbility
Translation & Proofreading:Sofia Natsa
Readable on: PC / Mac, Tablet PCs, E-Readers
Printable format available: Yes
For the purpose of protecting intellectual property rights, each eBook is sealed with the buyer’s email and a corresponding entry is made in the Register of Rights of Use.